Sunday, September 18, 2011

Morning run

This morning, I cleansed my body and soul, I surprised myself grinning a couple of times, I found my inner rythm and peace. This morning, I enjoyed the quiet that can only be found in my favorite songs. I danced in my head. This morning, I encountered an extremely hairy and freakishly fast caterpillar. I saw a grown man with a bright blue cookie-monster t-shirt and it made me smile. I listened to my breath. I meditated. I thought of nobody but me. I sent loving thoughts to my family and energizing thoughts to my friends. This morning, I marvelled at the pools of sunlight on the ground and the patches of shadows in between. I saw leaves falling, smelled autumn in the air and appreciated the warmth of the blessed indian summer. I valued the burn in my lungs and ignored the urge to stop. I reveled in the rush of endorphins that made me feel like my skin crackled. This morning, I liked all the uphills and preferred the downhills.

No comments:

Post a Comment